Sight & Sound Productions is seeking a Project Manager. The Project Manager effectively manage all aspects of the project efficiently and in the best interest of the company’s client. Maintain relationships with current clients and generate new client business.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships with various clients by providing superior quality event services.
- Ability to anticipate, prevent, and resolve potential problems with vendors and staff to ensure client satisfaction.
- Promote additional services offered by our sister company, Sight & Sound Productions, to deliver the best customer experience for our clients.
- Business development efforts to meet defined revenue goals by acquiring new clients and increasing revenue from existing clients.
- Oversee the entire design/build process by working with the project team members, including but not limited to, technical directors, project managers, field technicians, fabricators, programmers and purchasing.
- Promote and maintain healthy relationships with clients, vendors, and co-workers to resolve issues and manage expectations.
- Mentor interns and potential Project Managers.
- Oversee and assist with the load in and load out for shows/events.
- Participate in design reviews with internal staff, clients and consultants.
- Exceed client expectations by offering creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Preparation and management of client proposals to ensure the most efficient use of resources and or ideas to improve quality and service.
- Meet with clients to determine event décor and audio-visual requirements, site contacts, site surveys, site conditions, delivering presentations, etc. to develop and maintain job costing.
- Prepare final documentation, including job cost sheets and post con reports.
- Manage job control and govern any problems with equipment lead time or functionality and propose potential solutions.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager, ensure there is adequate staff scheduled for production events.
- Approve, manage and provide input and or recommendations as need for the rendering of production designs.
- Ensure load in and strike times for events are provided to the Production Manager at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Manage pulling/loading equipment process for each show.
- Preparation and management of job costing to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Employee management (reviews, performance recognition, team building, disciplinary action as needed, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Attend weekly meetings providing status reports on upcoming and previous events as required.
- Provide ongoing support for the fabrication and installation process.
Required Skills (including physical requirements):
- At least 3 to 5 years of project management experience in the event décor and design industry.
- A team player with leadership skills.
- Proficient in creating budgets, understanding of profit and loss statement, advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum intermediate PC knowledge including Windows, MS Office Suite, typing and the ability to learn various databases and software useful in performing the job functions.
- Previous management experience and innate leadership abilities.
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to multi-task.
- Flex Software Program, Salesforce, Basecamp and proficiency in general office equipment.
- Knowledge of event related equipment, audio visual, event décor and design production.
Sight & Sound Productions provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Mugwump Productions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.